Research shows that the AM is best time of day to have sex. It’s good for your health and maybe even career. Here are five reasons why you should set that alarm a little earlier tomorrow.
1. It counts as a workout, in the comfort of your own bed. A single sex session can burn about 200 calories, which works out the same as running 15 minutes on the treadmill (and we all know how slow time goes on the treadmill).
Just schedule in a 20 minute quickie once a week and you’ll burn 7,500 calories in a year.
2. It keeps you calm – Think of it as the physical version of meditation. Researchers from the University of Cincinnati found morning sex is a natural stress-reliever and can have lasting effects for at least seven days. It’s the perfect way to get rid the Monday blues and start the week off the right way.
3. Sex boosts your immune system –
If you were an unlucky victim of the cold and flu season this year, we have some excellent advice you to prepare yourself for next year. Couples who have sex at least twice a week have 30% higher levels of immunoglobulins in the body, protecting them against viruses.
4. It can make you look younger and happier- There’s only so much your skincare products and makeup can do when it comes to feeling vibrant and beautiful. Luckily, sex boosts your anti-ageing hormone, DHEA, which works to keep us younger longer. After an orgasm, levels of DHEA in the blood rise to five times the normal level, #glowing.
5. A great replacement for caffeine – This one’s for all you coffee lovers. While your caffeine shots throughout the day might be helping you power through your to-do list, it’s probably not benefiting your health in anyway. Start the morning rumble under the sheets.
A quickie at the crack of dawn will not only increase your heart beat (which is great for heart health), it will also may reduce blood pressure, perk up your muscles and wake up your brain.