There are some who are in it just for the sex. They’re not wonderful together, in fact, they seem miserable. But the relationship is kept together through sexual contact. Is this a case of a friends-with-benefits situation, relationships are supposed to be a delicate balance of emotional and physical.
On the other hand, there are some couples who have a great relationship but are left unsatisfied in the bedroom for a variety of reasons. Here’s how to tell if you’re in one of relationships.
1. Your sex is rarely spontaneous. You don’t seduce each other. You never fall into each other’s arms or jump your partner expectantly.
2. You have absolutely zero sex positions that you both enjoy. Essentially, at any given time during sex, one of you isn’t enjoying the action. You’re just doing it to get the other one off.
3. You can never, ever get a rhythm going. When you are getting into it, the other one starts moving their hips opposite you like you’re dancing with two left feet, and ruining the moment.
4. One of you is constantly zoning out. And it’s obvious. “On no, I was just getting into it,” you clumsily say. But you were lying, you were watching the ceiling fan go around and around.
5. You really only ever have sex on special occasions. And even then, it feels like it’s out of obligation to the other partner.
6. You’re never horny at the same time. Ever. When you’re horny, your partner is not and vice versa.
7. You wind up finishing yourself off. Not just occasionally, but always! It’s totally fine if you just can’t get there every time, but if your sex life has basically devolved into masturbation relationship with yourself, that’s not too good.
8. Your sex drive is totally mismatched. If one wants to have sex six times a week, and the other is genuinely comfortable at one or two, this is bound to lead to the both of you getting frustrated that your needs aren’t matching up.
9. Your friend told you she always orgasms with her partner. You thought she was joking, she wasn’t! That’s a real thing happening!